COVID-19 UPDATES AT SKY
July 1, 2020
Sky is an industry trailblazer and community-leader in the protection and prevention of the spreading of COVID-19. We have always made the cleanliness of facilities and safety of members the basis of the Sky experience. Below, we have outlined several protocols that Sky has implemented to help put your mind at ease:
WHAT SKY IS DOING FOR YOU:
· High Care, No-Touch Policy. Sky has created opportunities for members to avoid direct contact with others with touchless entry and contactless payment.
· Cleaning Stations. Sky has more than doubled the number of sanitizing wipe-dispensers throughout the facilities and has introduced "cleaning stations" with hospital-grade sanitizing spray. We require members to wipe down the equipment before and after use to minimize exposure to contagions.
· Group Fitness Class Capacities. In the past two months, Sky has followed social distancing guidelines by limiting the number of members allowed in each group fitness class and implementing a reservation system. Participants may plan their day with peace of mind and workout without sacrificing safety.
· Equipment Distancing. Sky has separated cardio-based equipment to ensure social distancing practices.
· High-Risk Studio. For members who are immune-compromised or in an "at-risk" category, we have created a Mask-Only Studio at Sky of South Tulsa. The studio includes cardio equipment and a small amount of strength apparatus to be used in an individual setting.
· Electrostatic Spraying. Throughout the facilities, we've utilized non-toxic electrostatic spraying, which is 99.999% effective in killing bacteria and viruses with EPA registered, hospital-grade disinfectant. This state-of-the-art technology addresses dangerous disease-causing pathogens and is uniquely designed to protect members.
While all of these are commitments from Sky, support from you, the member, is vital. To provide a safe environment for you, other members, and the Sky team, we ask that each member assume the following responsibilities while using Sky.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Pre-Screening. Upon entry, we require every member to answer a few questions about their health. Should a member have issues with these questions, Sky may prohibit entry to the facility.
Equipment Cleaning. Sky has increased staffing when it comes to cleaning, but every member MUST sanitize equipment before and after use. This step has always been considered proper etiquette but has now become an enforceable standard. Sky does mandate that you clean your equipment in the membership guidelines. Failure to do so, and you may be asked to leave to protect other members.
Masks. Masks are STRONGLY suggested in all common areas such as locker rooms, SkyCafé, and lobbies. We encourage members to wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility or while working out within a 6-foot space of another member. If you don't have a mask, we're happy to supply you with one at the Member Services desk.
Self-Reporting. To protect everyone, we ask that all members self-report if you fear you have been exposed or have tested positive. You can self-report your status by emailing Sky at [email protected]. We will treat each case individually and will work with you regarding your membership while you self-isolate.
Sky is devoted to creating a safe environment. Members' safety is paramount as we continue to provide opportunities for you to pursue your fitness and health goals. If you have any questions about any of these protocols, please contact us directly at [email protected]